MoMAZoZo has moved to the LYRIC COMPLEXU on Twelfth St in downtown Carrizozo 503 12th St, Carrizozo, NM, 88301
JOIN US FROM 12-1pm EVERY FRIDAY!!!
CHECK OUT: MoMAZoZo: An Interview With Paula Wilson and Mike Lagg by Spencer Byrne-Seres on Portland State University, Art + Social Practice website– LINK
Film by AMRA and David Park, 2014
MOMAZOZO THEME SONG BY AMRA!!!!!!!!
Scavenger Hunt List:
- stick 10.5 inches
- a penny older than the youngest member of your team
- team name
- know the # of Alejandro’s toes (our cat)
- one sage leaf
- Budweiser beer cap
- temperature reading inside the solar oven
- botanical name for the trees on the property
- design and paint a petroglyph on the fort’s canvas wall
- take a photo and post it online (earn an extra points for artistry)
- collect a ticket for ringing the ‘bell’
- make wood bead necklace for each member of your team
- Answer Ray Dean’s math question
MoMAZoZo is a community arts organization founded by woodworker Mike Lagg and artist Paula Wilson in 2010. It helps promote the artistic exchange of ideas in an interactive fashion that brings excitement and aesthetic nourishment to Carrizozo, New Mexico.
MoMAZoZo is open every Friday (rain or shine (except Black Friday) from 12-1pm (and by appointment 575-648-8711575-648-8711) at the Lyric Theater Complexu on Twelth street in downtown Carrizozo. There we engage in spontaneous activities of creative projects such as giant jinga, portraiture painting, and wind surfing. MoMAZoZo grants open access to their equipment, supplies, and expertise during this hour.